Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Testing, Moving, and a Field Trip!

Well, I followed the advice of my fellow teachers and stepped away from the "classroom thinking" to enjoy my Spring Break...and then the craziness leading up to testing seemed to take hold!
I'm blaming the lack of updates on the planning and preparations that go into creating the review activities that are "tricking" my students into thinking they are playing...while working!  I know I'm not alone when I say *whew!*
Our school starts our state testing on Monday morning.  My sweet students have been working so hard these past few weeks to prepare for the tests.  We also managed to sneak a field trip in on Friday.  We were able to visit the state capital and history museum.  The kids had a blast and were so excited to see the state senate was still in session.  They were able to enter the gallery and watch our lawmakers at work!
It's hit the time of year where I need to be "reviewing" the classroom rules more often.  I'm hoping once we are back on our regular routine, this will happen less.
Another bit of fun news from my classroom...as you know, I said previously that I would be moving schools.  I've been asked to move grade levels as well!  I will be moving from fourth to fifth grade, still teaching Reading/Language Arts.  I will have some of the same students, however there will be students from other schools in my class as well.  I let my students know yesterday, since there is fifth grade material being delivered to my room.  They were all very excited, but also very concerned.  They wanted to make sure that I would take all my owls (I love my classroom, ahaha) and most importantly...my giant library pillow and books.  Once they knew I would be bringing my classroom library with me, they were much less nervous!  Too funny!!
Best of luck to all your students on their upcoming tests!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your move! Don't forget, you'll be featured on my blog tomorrow!
    :) Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete