Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hello there!

First of all, a big hello to my new blog followers!  :)  Welcome!

I was fortunate enough to be selected to be a fellow in the Middle Tennessee Writing Project, the local section of the National Writing Project.  I spent two weeks with around 20 other teachers varying from 1st grade to college professors!  I found myself developing as a writer, it was nice to be able to write and ENJOY it again.  I was lucky to be able to share ideas with many other teachers and make new friends to have as awesome resources.  We were able to learn new ways to teach writing to my students and incorporate it into all aspects of the curriculum.  I can't wait to put the things I learned into practice in my classroom.  I'll also be working on an inquiry project in my class, looking at the link between digital publishing and student motivation and achievement.  Be on the lookout-I'll be posting a few questions for you all soon!  What are some programs/apps/sites that you use for digital publishing?  

It's almost that time...Target and Staples have started putting out the school supplies...which means I need to head in to my classroom and start unpacking!  I've got some projects in the works...photos to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment