Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thoughts on Mind Soccer

Yesterday was my first attempt at WBT Mind Soccer.  The kids LOVED it, and it served as a great test prep game.  However, I found a few challenges while planning the game.
Pros:
-Kids were EXCITED.
-We were able to review what expression and gestures were.
-They were able to answer the questions.
-They were sad to leave my class!
-A quick paced review game.

Cons:
-My questions were too long.
-Long answers lead to long response time.

Changes:
-Next time I know that I will use this game to review vocabulary words, prefixes, suffixes, ect.  Sentence corrections took too long for such a fast paced game.

Overall, I really liked the idea of the game and the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves.  Not only did they have fun and were engaged, they were answering the tough questions correctly!  I will make a few changes to the game and try it again after Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment